Living in Peru, shooting a short film in Bolivia, exploring the depths of the Amazon river and the peaks of Northern Chile, marrying off a good friend in England, power touring Northern Ireland and the birth of my second niece…it’s sure been one hell of a year.
Though there were some professional hi-lights, like editing a TV series remotely from Peru for Canada, and having the chance to travel deep down the Amazon to photograph remote riverside communities, the real 2014 win was on more of a personal note. This past year allowed me to experience a whack of things I’ve always wanted to do:
1. Live abroad for a year on the Coast (Viva Peru!)
2. Learn Spanish (work in progress)
3. Downhill mountain bike to excess
4. Learn to kite-surf
5. Take my Dad on a proper adventure (We did it!)
6. Take my Mom on a proper adventure (We did it! With Bruce and Aunt Joanne no less!)
7. Own my own house in the centre of the universe (Base-camp for all future adventures established!)
As I sit here typing this in the last 24 hours of 2014, I find it hard to believe all this stuff actually came together in a single year. It’s a powerful reminder of how much is possible when you have your health, the support of incredible family and friends and the love of a good woman.
These photos are visual hi-lights from one of the most incredible years I have experienced. I wish you all health, happiness and the grandest of adventures for 2015, after all, it has the potential to be the best year of your life.